Salutations, two thousand and fifteen

Last year was nothing but one big blur. Twelve months of blur, yet it only felt like six. It's been a year of discovery as almost every single aspect of my life has changed, including myself. It was the busiest and most challenging year of my life. I've discovered what it is that I want to do with my life, after spending years hopping in and out of hobbies and careers. I've learned a great deal about my own strengths and weaknesses. I've figured out just what I am capable of and when it's too much for me. I've found out what is essential for me and one of those essential things is expression in the form of writing and art. Deep down I'm a true arts child, despite the fact that I'm currently developing a career in care. I'm not exactly sure where this path is going to take me, or whether or not I dive back into the artsyfartsy field in hopes of gaining a career there, but I've realised that it's going to take something pretty special for me to want to hold my feet firmly on the ground and settle down. Although I have a lot of options available for me in life, I guess I haven't quite found my niche yet. Twelve months ago, I had none of these roads available for me. I didn't have the positivity, drive and focus the I own now. I was quite lost and not in a good way, for bucket loads of reasons. As cliché as it is to say, 'a new year means a new you', it's literally the way my life has unfolded this past year. And with a 'new me', this blog was born for me to freely express on until my heart is content, which I believe I don't do enough of. I used to do this a lot, but never have I owned my own blog to do it on, so this year, I'm going to document my adventures on here. This will serve me as my outlet and my playground. Firstly, let me tell you a bit more about myself, yas?

  • I'm Nicola.
  • I'm in my twenties.
  • I'm a Brit lass with Welsh blood. Cymruambyth!
  • Partly grew up in Wales. Best years of my life.
  • A mother to two cats.
  • Libra.
  • My other half is Dutch.
  • I have a dangerous addiction to chilli.
  • I've lived with GAD for most of my life.
  • I can cook the meanest brownies.
  • I used to be a competitive dancer.
  • I'm a bit of a gamer, thanks to my brothers.
  • Left handed.
  • I only watch medical dramas/documentaries and Netflix.
  • My music taste is a bit broad, but it mainly consists of rock.

MORNING
January 1st, 2015. 08:10. The morning of my last shift. I'm filled with a lot of mixed feelings. I'm not retiring after years and years, I've only been with my company for a couple of months but during that time a lot of bonds have been formed and to be quite honestly, I'm very sad about leaving. More upset than I thought Id be. But with that sadness, I know it's the right thing for me to do right now. I need this.

No comments:

Post a Comment