The minor details are the boldest

CLOSE UP
Since leaving my previous post, I feel like I've been rediscovering little parts of my life due to having this new found endless pit of free time. Guess what though? I'm already bored. I have a plan so fret I shall not, but it means that in the meantime I will have to keep myself busy by other means. This morning was the first morning in quite a few months that Luka (above) was able to come up onto my bed and snuggle with me. In his five years of life, this was routine for him. Morning snuggles with me. My job meant that we could go longer do that for a while as I didn't have the time for it. I don't think he took that very well as he started to develop health issues stemmed from stress, as the vet put it. This broke my heart, in all honesty. He's the king of my heart and he darn well knows it. I went all out, bought Feliway plugins, a hooded litter tray to give him more privacy as urinating was one of the health issues, I left clothes with my scent on wherever he choose to be in the house. It worked, sort of. He definitely calmed down quite a lot. Though I wish I could get him to understand that I'm not disappearing to pet hundreds of other cats, I'm working so he can be fed, be warm and comfortable and to make sure he always has something to pee in. It is up to me to make it up to him, for he will never truly understand my absence, with these luxurious morning snuggles of ours.

A HABIT YOU WISH YOU DIDN'T HAVE
I've noticed, and have been called out on my brand new habit of locking every door I close, if a lock is present. Without any genuine reason. It's there, I do it. Even if people are soon about to walk through the same door that I just went though, I'll still lock it absent-mindedly. I don't have the slightest idea on why I do this to be quite frank and I don't realise what I've done until I'm met with confused glances and being questioned on whether or not I'm deliberately locking them in for random reasons. I nervously smile and explain that I didn't realise I'd locked the door and apologise. They shrug it off, unlock the door and get on with their day. I sit there, just like I am right this second, trying to come up with a plausible, logical reason for this nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment