The world is your oyster


























There is something else you may not know about me. I'm going to share this part of my life with you. I'm in an unexpected long distance relationship. I am aware that the stigma those words hold is quite heavy and I can hardly blame anyone. I say unexpected, because I never saw myself being in one. I didn't believe in them when I met him. I laughed at the whole idea of it. I've known this dude for quite some time. Long enough for him to witness a good amount of phases in my life before we grew closer. It's a very, very, very long and complicated story.

But here we are, nine months later. I couldn't even begin to tell you how it happened, especially considering the fact that I had no definite faith, nor did I consider having faith in this sort of thing so it wasn't like I was out looking for one to happen. I always thought, if you haven't spent real life time together, nothing is set in stone. Nothing could ever possibly emerge if you have no real life foundation to build upon. A lot still firmly believe that. I can tell you right now that I no longer do. I no longer believe that physical contact is required to build an emotional foundation between two souls. The thought of letting the only thing that's absent - physical contact - destroy something that makes me ridiculously blissful, absolutely pains me. So here we are, nine months later, with our first ever holiday together, just the two of us, looming closer though not fast enough. Flight and hotel are booked. I'm so ready to go.


























Obviously restocking for the upcoming holiday. Matrix Sleek shampoo and conditioner leave my hair feeling softer than silk. That's impressive considering my naturally wild, thick curly hair. Nair for, well, obvious reasons. I also have bought trusty heavy duty padlocks to make my luggage that much more annoying - though not impossible - to get into, should we ever encounter a theft.. Yup! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment