Messy

House decorating consumes my time and obliviously, my soul. Can anyone throw any decent reasons as to why I decided to start steaming wallpaper in the first place? To paint the walls and make them look polished and less torn (it was tearing in some corners), yes, that was my reason too. But for a split second of insanity, I thought it wouldn't take long at all. It's been four days now and I've only just completed melting all the paper off the walls.

Dulux paint in Dusted Damson, help me gain my soul back.

NICKNAMES YOU HAVE & WHY YOU HAVE THEM
Nix; I'm not sure how or why this nickname came about, but it's certainly stuck like glue for years now. I'm known as Nix to mainly my circle of friends, whereas my other half and my family call me by my real name.

firefly; Just going to throw in this super cheesy nickname my other half gave me. I'm his little firefly. *collective awwww*

Yep. That's pretty much it. No fancy selection of nicknames for me, it's remained pretty basic.

IMPERFECT


























Perfectionism is both a blessing and a curse. The time that I spent in art college taught me that when it comes to canvas and paper work, it's more of a curse than anything else, which I was never expecting. Nor did I understand what my tutors meant to begin with. It takes a thousand lines just to find the right one. I was labelled an 'analytical artist'. Detail meant everything. It meant so much that I wasted too much time on it. It meant that my coursework was rarely finished on time, because the thought of being messy with my art drove my perfectionism to madness. It took me the longest time to understand that messy isn't wrong. The moment that I stopped correcting all the errors I'd create, I realised that messy can look pretty damn awesome. I noticed that I could express what I felt easier when I was messier. I learned the most important message of all: perfectionism and imperfection are close, friendly neighbours.

1 comment: